1. Mask Policy: We request that you please wear a mask while you are in the buildi
2. In-Person Meetings/Gatherings: While the Administrative Council will continue to meet virtually for the time being, other ministry groups of the church are allowed to resume in-person meetings in the church. Please make sure to schedule with Dean Manwaring through the church office so we are aware of who is using the building.
3. Sunday School, Nursery and Fellowship update: As a means of care for one another Sunday School will remain virtual through the month of February.
a. The Nursery will remain closed through February (A comfort room is available for parents with young children.)
b.Fellowship time will not resume through the month of February. It is our hope to resume this ministry in March.
*Special Note: Radio transmission of the worship service is available by tuning the radio in your vehicle to 88.7 FM.
Sermon and Holiday Services Information
Advent Series" "Journey To Mental Wellness."
Pastor Ross will continue our Advent series with “Journey to Mental Wellness: Journeying Together in Solidarity.” Scripture will be Psalm 126:1-6. This week, we encounter a different kind of psalm on our Advent journey toward mental wellness. Whereas our text last week was a psalm of lament, today’s reading is a psalm of ascent. But don’t worry — there are still plenty of hard emotions and difficult circumstances for us to unpack! Psalm 126 is part of a collection of psalms encompassing Psalm 120-134 that each include the heading “psalm of ascent.” While scholars identified the structure of the psalm of lament centuries later, the original author or compiler of the book of Psalms lets us know that this collection served a particular function related to “ascent.” Scholars have come up with various possible functions for these psalms. Some think that they were sung by worshippers as they ascended the hill to enter the Temple in Jerusalem. Others think they were traveling songs sung by pilgrims who were journeying to Jerusalem to worship at the Temple. Thus, Psalm 126 serves as a fitting traveling companion on our Advent journey.
acknowledge our grief while holding on to the hope and light offered by Christ.
- 5:30 p.m. worship (5 p.m. pre-worship music) at Eudora UMC: Come early at 5 p.m. for a special celebration of the season with special music prior to our 5:30 p.m. worship service. Stay for our family-friendly service with music, a special telling of the Christmas story with the help of children and youth, Holy Communion, and “Silent Night” by candlelight.
- 7:30 p.m. worship (joint service between Edgerton and Ives Chapel) at Edgerton UMC: Join Revs. Ross & Amanda Baker for a service full of music, the Christmas story, a short message, Holy Communion, and “Silent Night” by candlelight.11 p.m. worship at Baldwin 1st: You are invited to join Revs. Amanda & Ross Baker for a special night full of music, the Christmas story, a short meditation, Holy Communion, and singing “Silent Night” by candlelight as the midnight bells ring. (Casual attire is acceptable for this service. “Come as you are!”)
- Sunday, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day): Joint Eudora & Edgerton worship service at Eudora UMC at 10 a.m.:
Eudora and Edgerton faith communities are invited to come together at Eudora UMC as we celebrate in Christmas morning. Wear your PJ’s and join Pastor Ross for this fun-filled casual service as we “unwrap” the JOY to be found on Christmas morning: Music, story, and fun.
- Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023 (New Year’s Day): Joint Edgerton & Eudora worship service at Edgerton UMC at 10 a.m.:
We will “ring” in the new year through song, liturgy, a short message, and Holy Communion.
Eudora United Methodist Church is a growing congregation with a wonderful mix of newer attending younger singles/families and older adults that have been part of the church’s rich history. We’re a mission and service-oriented church that is constantly striving to grow in understanding God’s love for us and in our response of sharing that love with others. We experience and share the presence of God’s spirit in an intentionally blended music worship on Sunday mornings and in a variety of Spiritual Formation opportunities for all ages. Various Fellowship Groups also bring the congregation together for fun activities that meet through the year.
Looking for a new church home in which to grow and share? Come visit and discover your place here!